The Archives of the Diocese of St. Augustine preserves the permanent records of the diocese, its people, institutions and associations. Our collection represents the heritage of the local church and its people for more than four centuries. Established by the Bishop, and located at 34 Aviles Street on the property of the Sisters of St. Joseph Convent, its mission is to serve the administrative needs of the diocese, but it is also open for scholarly research, in keeping with the precepts of canon law and the civil laws of the United States.
The principal purpose of the Archives is to serve as a repository for the most significant records of the diocese and to maintain the oldest sacramental and historical records of the diocese and its parishes. The diocese maintains Episcopal archives (1857-1967) and the parish registers of the Cathedral-Basilica (1594-1881). The archive also handles requests for genealogical research and the history of Catholicism in Florida. Collected in a central information repository, records are available (with restrictions) for reference and research. Any sacramental record or official church document that is more than 100 years old should be considered for safekeeping in the Archives.
Diocese of St. Augustine Archives
P.O. Box 3506
St. Augustine, FL 32085
Archives Diocese of St. Augustine
34 Aviles Street
St. Augustine, FL 32084